* All of the files in this page are copyrighted . They are provided for your convenience, yet you may download them only if you are entitled to do so by your arrangements with various publishers.
1. Li, Jiayu, Jeffrey Wuenschell, Youngseok Jee, Paul R Ohodnicki, Sheng Shen. "Spectral near-field thermal emission extraction by optical waveguides." Physical Review B. 2019 June 12.
2. Ramesh Shrestha, Yuxuan Luan, Sunmi Shin, Teng Zhang, Xiao Luo, James S Lundh, Wei Gong, Michael R Bockstaller, Sukwon Choi, Tengfei Luo, Renkun Chen, Kedar Hippalgaonkar, Sheng Shen. "High-contrast and reversible polymer thermal regulator by structural phase transition." Science Advances. 2019 December 1.
1. Li, Jiayu, Baoan Liu, and Sheng Shen. "Graphene surface plasmons mediated thermal radiation." Journal of Optics. 2018 Jan 16.
2. Shrestha, Ramesh, et al. "Crystalline polymer nanofibers with ultra-high strength and thermal conductivity." Nature Communications. 2018 April 25.
3. Gong, Wei, et al. "Ultra-Compliant Heterogeneous Copper-Tin Nanowire Arrays Making A Super-Solder." Nano letters. 2018 May 16.
1. Liu B, Gong W, Yu B, Li P, Shen S. Perfect thermal emission by nanoscale transmission line resonators. Nano Letters. 2017 Jan 3.
2. Liu B, Li J, Shen S. Resonant Thermal Infrared Emitters in Near-and Far-fields. ACS Photonics, 2017 May 18.
3. Li J, Liu B, Shen S. Tunable narrow-band near-field thermal emitters based on resonant metamaterials. Physical Review B, 2017, August, 10.
4. Franciscon V.Ramirez, Shen S. Near-field radiative heat transfer in graphene plasmonic nanodisk dimers. Physical Review B, 2017, October, 16.
1. P. Li, S. Yang, T. Zhang, R. Shrestha, K. Hippalgaonkar, T. Luo, X. Zhang, S. Shen, Tunable thermal transport in polysilsesquioxane (PSQ) hybrid crystals, Scientific Reports, 6, 21452, 2016.
2. Y. Tan, B. Liu, S. Shen, Z. Yu, Enhancing far-field radiative energy through thermal extraction. Nanophotonics, 1, 22-30, 2016. (Invited review)
1. J. Shi, B. Liu, P. Li, L-Y. Ng, S. Shen, Near-Field Energy Extraction with Hyperbolic Metamaterials, Nano letters 15 (2), 1217-1221, (2015)
2. F. Ramirez, B. Liu, S. Shen, Extreme blueshift of surface plasmon resonance frequency in graphene nanodisk stacks, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 158, 27 (2015)
3. P. Li, B. Liu, Y. Ni, K. Liew, J. Sze, S. Chen, S. Shen, Large‐Scale Nanophotonic Solar Selective Absorbers for High‐Efficiency Solar Thermal Energy Conversion, Advanced Materials 27, 4585-4591, (2015)
4. Z. B. Li, K. Yao, F. N. Xia, S. Shen, J. G. Tian, and Y. M. Liu, GraphenePlasmonic Metasurfaces to Steer Infrared Light, Scientific Reports 5,12423 (2015)
1. P. Li, L. Hu, A. J. H. McGaughey, S. Shen, Crystalline polyethylene nanofibers to achieve the theoretical Young's modulus limit, Advanced Materials, 26.7, 1065-1070, (2014)
2. B. Liu, J. Shi, K. Liew, S. Shen, Near-field radiative heat transfer for silicon based metamaterials, Optics Communications, 314, 57, 2014. (Invited paper)
3. F. Lu, B. Liu, S. Shen, Infrared Wavefront Control Based on Graphene Metasurfaces, Advanced Optical Materials 2 (8), 794-799. (2014)
4. B. Liu, Y. Liu, S. Shen, Thermal plasmonic interconnects in graphene, Physical Review B, 90, 195411, (2014).
5. J. Zhu, K. Hippalgaonkar, S. Shen, K. Wang, Y. Abate, S. Lee, J. Wu, X.Yin, A. Majumdar & X. Zhang, Temperature-Gated Thermal Rectifier for Active Heat Flow Control, Nano Letters, 14 (8), 4867–4872 (2014).
1. J. Shi, P. Li, B. Liu, S. Shen, Tuning near field radiation by doped silicon, Applied Physics Letters, 102,
2. A.D. Phan, S. Shen, L.M. Woods, Radiative exchange between graphitic nanostructures: a microscopic
perspective, The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 4, 4196, 2013.
3. J.K. Tong, W.-C. Hsu, S.E. Han, B.R. Burg, R.T. Zheng, S. Shen and G. Chen, Direct and quantitative
photothermal absorption spectroscopy of individual particulates, Applied Physics Letters, 103, 261104,
4. B. Liu, S. Shen, Broadband near-field radiative thermal emitter/absorber based on hyperbolic
metamaterials: Direct numerical simulation by Wiener-chaos expansion methods, Physical Review B,
1. S. Shen, A. Mavrokefalos, P. Sambegoro, and G. Chen, Nanoscale thermal radiation between two
Review of Heat Transfer, 16, 327, 2012.
Prior to 2011
1. S. Shen, A. Henry, J. Tong, R. T. Zheng and G. Chen, Polyethylene nanofibers with very high thermal
conductivities, Nature Nanotechnology, 5, 251-255, 2010.
2. S. Shen, R. G. Yang and G. Chen, Nonlocal formulation of the Reynolds equation for rarefied gas flow
with steep pressure variation, Journal of Applied Physics, 107, 104316, 2010.
3. S. Shen, A. Narayanaswamy, and G. Chen, Surface phonon polariton mediated energy transfer between
nanoscale gaps, Nano Letters, 8, 2909-2913, 2009.
4. A. Narayanaswamy, S. Shen, L. Hu, X. Chen, and G. Chen, Breakdown of the Planck blackbody
radiation law at nanoscale gaps, Applied Physics A, 96, 357-362, 2009.
5. S. Shen, A. Narayanaswamy, S. Goh and G.Chen, Thermal conductance of bimaterial microcantilevers,
Applied Physics Letters, 92, 063509, 2008.
6. S. Shen and G. Chen, A kinetic theory analysis on the heat transfer in hard drive air bearing, Journal of
Applied Physics, 103, 054304, 2008.
7. A. Narayanawamy, S. Shen, and G. Chen, Near-field radiative transfer between a sphere and a
substrate, Physical Review B, 78, 115303 (1-4), 2008.
8. S. Shen, G. Chen, R. M. Crone, and M. Anaya-Dufresne, A Kinetic-theory based 1st order slip boundary
condition for gas flow, Physics of Fluids, 19, 085101, 2007.
9. S. Shen, J. L. Xu, J. J. Zhou and Y. Chen，Flow and heat transfer in microchannels with rough wall
surface, Energy Conversion and Management, 47, 1311-1325, 2006.
10. J. L. Xu, S. Shen, Y. H. Gan, Y. X. Li, W. Zhang and Q. C. Su, Transient flow pattern based microscale
boiling heat transfer mechanisms, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 15, 1344-1361,
11. S. Shen, W. Liu and W. Q. Tao, Analysis of field synergy on the natural convective heat transfer in
porous media, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 30, 1081-1090, 2003.
12. W. Liu, S. Shen, and S. B. Riffat, Heat transfer and phase change of liquid in an inclined enclosure
packed with unsaturated porous media, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 45, 5209-
Copyright © 2014 by the Shen Lab at Carnegie Mellon University, all rights reserved.